I spoke at an Inc. magazine event last night in San Francisco, commemorating the winner of an entrepreneur-to-be contest with a hearty financial prize. Incidentally, in the name of Chinese ubiquity, much on our minds these days, the event is sponsored by the powerhouse Chinese B2B outfit—Alibaba.
In preparing, I put together a list of ten key factors that I believe characterize entrepreneurial excellence ...
Entrepreneurial Excellence TEN
- "Insane" Passion for and commitment to the idea.
- Can explain the idea in Simple English and Excite others about its Uniqueness in ONE MINUTE (or less).
- Good Accountant/"Wise-man (-woman)"/50-50 Partner.
- Devotee of the Experimental Method ("Try it. Now.")/Master of "Plan B"/Relentless/Resilient.
- Patience in Hiring/"Great Place to Work" from the get-go.
- "d"iversity/M-F balance.
- Exude Decency-Character-Integrity.
- Sweat the details (Execution = Strategy).
- EXCELLENCE. Period.
[For the PPT slides, you can use this link.]