Lomography is a picture site based on a camera called the LOMO. What we like here, though, is their list of The 10 Golden Rules. Granted, most of them apply to someone taking photographs, but if you let go of that constraint, you can see how these rules might apply to anyone who’s trying to do something cool, wild, beautiful … innovative.
1. Take your camera wherever you go.
2. Use it any time—day and night.
3. Lomography is not an interference in your life, but part of it.
4. Try the shot from the hip.
5. Approach the objects of your lomographic desire as close as possible.
6. Don’t think. (William Firebrace)
7. Be fast.
8. You don’t have to know beforehand what you captured on film.
9. Afterwards either.
10. Don’t worry about any rules.
Thanks to Joi Ito’s blog for the link.